Dental Supply Donation Program (Smile Bags)
Delta Dental of Arizona Foundation provides donations of dental hygiene supplies, supporting its mission to improve oral health in Arizona. A typical Smile Bag consists of one toothbrush (infant, junior, youth, or adult), toothpaste (youth or adult), floss, and a plastic carry bag to hold these items.
Oral health instruction, screenings, or other dental health services are to be provided with distribution of the supplies.
Schools, 501(c)(3) nonprofits, Indian Tribes, government agencies, or charitable programs serving the community within Arizona.
The Foundation prioritizes donations to organizations providing emergency services such as crisis shelters, homeless agencies, and children's safety services.
Smile Bags are NOT provided for
- Promotional or marketing use by dental offices to increase their patient base
- For-profit entities (exceptions are made when requests are made on behalf of an event serving the community in which it is participating)
- Third-party requests, i.e., non-profit organizations requesting donations on behalf of or for another non-profit service organization or school
- Oral health instruction, screenings or other dental health services are to be provided with distribution of the supplies
- Requests must be submitted at least one month before the supplies are needed (Large Requests require a minimum of six weeks for processing)
- Organizations within Maricopa County are expected to pick up their donation
- Complimentary shipping is available to organizations outside of Maricopa County
- Organizations are responsible for assembling Smile Bags from supplies provided
- The plastic Smile Bags should be used only for items from Delta Dental of Arizona Foundation
- Requests of 1000 or more Smile Bags must be accompanied by a Large Request Narrative (see Dental Supply Donation Forms below)
- Smile Bag donations are granted based on availability at the time of request, and at the sole determination of DDAZF
- Item quantities may be adjusted to accommodate packaging or shipping constraints
- Donations are limited to one request per organization per calendar year
Dental Supply Donation Forms
For more information contact Julie Roorda at
firstname.lastname@example.org or Office: 602.588.3980.